Verification, Validation & Test Engineer
Verification, Validation & Test Engineer - Permanent - Gloucestershire - £32,000 to £38,000 per Annum
- Creation and execution of tests on demand and from analysis, requirements and existing procedures.
- Development of test plans for projects and products; defining phases, events, objectives, resource needs and process adherence in line with overarching project and system engineering management plans.
- Development of test strategies for projects, products and product families; defining test requirements and objectives and groupings..
- Development of test procedures vs. plans and strategies; designed to be adaptable, for automation, repeatability and re-use.
- Consistent, methodical and traceable record of plans, strategies, procedures, results and metrics, e.g. resources needed, time taken.
- Functional test; to verify correct & secure operation, enabling acceptance, e.g FAT.
- Non-functional; e.g. performance, edge cases, load & stress, reliability, usability.
- Qualification test; to satisfy regulatory needs, e.g. safety, EMC, climatic etc. often using external facilities.
- Re-test and regression test; to ensure on-going quality, e.g. during bug-fix or enhancement activities.
- Networking; Serial, Ethernet, WiFi, IPv4, IPv6, IPsec, VLAN, TCP, UDP, SSL/TLS, SNMP, SSH.
- Scripting & test automation; Python, shell scripts (Windows & Linux), other test automation techniques & tools.
- Systems & equipment; Windows & Linux based, major OEMs (Cisco, Juniper etc.),
- Specialist network test; High speed (1G thru 100G), Spirent Test Centre & iTest, Ixia & other specialist providers.
- Test qualifications, e.g. IQSTB Foundation though to Advanced Level etc.
- Results & Delivery Orientation: Consistently achieves objectives and outcomes overcoming obstacles. Prepared to ensure the success of a project in any reasonable way.
- Innovation: Engaged in innovative solutions and development of engineering designs. Contributes new ideas and suggestions to work and team.
- Continuous Improvement: Contributes to and integrates improvements analysing mistakes and delivering excellence.
- Accountability & Ownership: Delivers on promises, is trustworthy and reliable.
- Communicating & Working Collaboratively: Involves others. Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Customer Led: Understands the needs of the team and responds positively to meet their expectations building relationships as they do so.
- Getting the Best from People: Where appropriate manages people performance and development.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960288887