Role: Restructuring Manager
Salary: £55-85k DOE + COMMS + ANNUAL BONUS
The opportunity for the Restructuring Manager:
Our client’s legacy solution is a trusted business partner for delivering run-off and exit solutions for their insurance group’s legacy businesses and under-performing non-core portfolios. Our client is positioned to support the delivery of group’s strategy of managing non-core businesses for value and exiting underperforming businesses.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our client as a transaction lead on small to medium portfolios and provide programme support to the transaction lead on larger portfolios, which would encompass identification and execution of exit strategies which maximize shareholder growth, achieves finality and recycle capital back to them to invest in its core business. The role also involves ensuring that the business operates efficiently and that services levels are maintained while the portfolio is prepared for exit.
The ideal candidate is a person with a finance/business/accounting degree and experience in the insurance/reinsurance industry M&A setting. Such person would have a good knowledge of insurance accounting and would ideally have experience of working on either the sale or acquisition of insurance/reinsurance companies (“M&A” transactions) on an international basis.
Key Responsibilities for the Restructuring Manager role:
- Supports the development of business cases for diverse acquisitions/divestments under the guidance of Chief Restructuring Officer
- Contributes defined modules towards complex analytical tasks in appraising the value of general insurance and life insurance companies.
- Management of the engagement of internal resources, external advisors, local representatives, internal stakeholders and third parties during any transaction process
- Conducts analysis (due diligence) and evaluation of business cases with the provision of technical information.
- Prepares presentations and other project documentation for mergers & acquisitions transactions under the supervision and guidance of the project manager to facilitate an informed decision making process at the relevant committees.
- Lead and manage resources on small to medium scale projects or ensures appropriate use of materials on more complex local or global projects and adherence to schedules by innovating and contributing to overcoming bottlenecks in deal structuring, event planning or process alignment projects.
- Provide advisory services to colleagues on a daily basis, by being focal point of contact, to ensure adherence to the companyŽs risk and compliance processes and identifies potential risks by monitoring changes in the external environment.
- Research primary finance data sources, select relevant information, analyse key themes and trends, oversee high-quality controls around collection of the data and make recommendations to support operational decision-making.
- Prepare, analyse and comment on complex financial and other quantitative information to support management decision-making in an assigned area of the business.
- Own the process or sub-process within the area or discipline and lead the continual development and enhancement of it through research of best practice and review and analyse detailed business models to support senior management with optimization.
- Act as the liaison between the area of responsibility and internal/external customer on complex cases and anticipate/evaluate each of their unique needs and apply technical techniques and know-how to recommend a solution.
- Provide quality financial information and procedural advice to senior management to support business planning and investment decisions which contribute to business performance.
- Develop business with existing customers by recognizing and initiating opportunities and develop internal relationships in order to understand business needs to deliver results.
Your skills and experience, Restructuring Manager:
- Essential: Finance, Business, Accounting, Actuarial or similar degree
- Essential: A relevant professional qualification or progress towards such a professional qualification.
- Very desirable: Minimum 3 years’ experience in finance with emphasis on insurance accounting & finance.
- Very desirable: Minimum 3 years Project management experience in a Corporate M&A environment
- Helpful: Experience in Insurance M&A transactions including divestitures.
- Helpful: Language skills
- Insurance Finance & Accounting with emphasis on accounting and finance needed for M&A and reinsurance transactions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; in particular experience in preparing PowerPoint presentations to a high standard is very desirable.
In return our client is offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. They are committed to continuous improvement and they offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960288429