Senior CS&A Engineer
Senior CS&A Engineer
Aztec West, Bristol
I am recruiting a Senior CS&A Engineer to work on various nuclear decommissioning and new build projects on behalf of a global market leading engineering company that undertakes critical engineering work worldwide.
You will provide technical leadership and proven expertise on traditional/bespoke design of reinforced concrete, steel and masonry structures for nuclear decommissioning and nuclear new build projects. The projects undertaken will principally be in relation to design of structures, associated with the nuclear waste management and the operation of mechanical handling equipment and associated electrical systems. Due to the nature of the projects, the role will include design to various normal and extreme loading scenarios, including earthquakes.
Main purpose of role:
- Preparing complete designs for structures of varying complexity, including relevant sketches, calculations, reports and other required engineering documentation throughout the various stages of the design process as appropriate.
- Carry out reviews or specific checks of other engineers' work to provide Design Verification.
- Provide mentoring for junior members of the team.
- Complete analysis and solution of structural problems of varying complexity that may arise during the design phase, in manufacture, installation, commissioning and decommissioning.
- Accurately report on a periodic basis, specified by Engineering Manager on a project, the estimate to complete their assigned task and of a team.
- Maintain good communications with Procurement, Manufacturing, Quality, Product Assurance, Commercial and Construction personnel associated with any given Project, and when required by the Project Manager, with the clients staff.
- Senior Engineers will be required to carry out reviews or specific checks of other engineers' work and provide mentoring for junior members of the team.
- Supporting design reviews, HAZOP's, optioneering studies, construction/installation reviews, design changes and other meetings with detailed information on the project design.
- Major contribution to the CDM process throughout the design phase ensuring as is reasonable practical that all CDM concerns have been addressed in an appropriate manner fitting to the Civil / Structural profession.
- Degree Qualified (BEng or MEng), Civil / Structural Engineer or Engineering degree of similar relevance to the Civil / Structural engineering industry.
- Chartered Engineer with membership of ICE or IStructE.
- An understanding of Nuclear Site Licence Conditions and their application in design.
- Knowledge of BIM (Build, Information, Modelling).
- Flexible and motivated attitude.
If you believe that you have the right skills and are motivated to progress your career with a global market leading engineering company, please contact Gemma Rogan on ************* or email
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960288171