Junior Merchandiser; Haverys Cabinet
Now's an exciting time to join Harveys as part of Steinhoff International with over 150 stores nationwide. We are one of Britain's largest and most leading Furniture specialists in the UK, offering the best all variety of lounge and dining room furniture. Here are Harveys we are always on the lookout for fantastic new talent to join our growing and successful brand.
We have an exciting Junior Merchandiser opportunity available at our Dartford Head Office department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitor product and range performance against sales, margin, stock and availability targets with the Merchandising Manager, making Recommendations and generating analysis to support buying decisions.
- Assist the Merchandiser Manager in implementing all aspects of the department strategy to deliver sales and profit targets.
- Ensure discontinued stock and overstocks are appropriately and profitably managed on an ongoing basis, proposing activity to clear stocks within budgeted parameters.
- Compile reports, analyse all category activities and be aware of competitors' promotional plans and mechanisms.
- Conduct regular store visits to develop a commercial awareness of Harveys product ranges, stores and competitors.
- Create and effectively maintain the price book, related systems and documentation for all trading events.
- Maintain a direct and positive working relationship with Retail, Marketing and Buying.
- Coordinate and supervise the Merchandise Administration Assistants to ensure that all item information is updated and maintained on the system to optimise stock availability and sales.
- Highlight required actions to meet future sales estimates to the Supply Chain team using the Stock & Cover report and other relevant documentation including sales Forecasts.
- Work with Supply Chain, SUKU and other direct suppliers to optimise supply chain performance.
- Liaise with the Marketing Department to ensure that all point of sale, price tickets, spec sheets and promotional material are correct.
- Ensure that any internal/external customers queries or concerns are dealt with in a professional, friendly and courteous manner, following the relevant company guidelines.
- To ensure the health and safety of Self, Customers and Colleagues is not at risk, by taking all reasonable steps to ensure safety in the workplace.
- To undertake prescribed training and development.
- Experience of working in a similar role in Buying and Merchandising
- experience of formulating and delivering a detailed plan of taking products from buy to sales floor
- Previous Stock management experience
- Able to fully utilise the relevant IT support systems and to be fully conversant with standard business desktop applications
- Ability to assist in managing an operational area and ensure targets are met
- Strong numerical, analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong customer focus
- Commercial awareness of the furniture/retail trade
- Ability to initiate and build strong business relationships with other departments
In return, you will be rewarded with a basic salary of £34,000.00 and if you love meeting new people, engaging with a variety of customers, being part of a team, growing your skills and developing new ones then the role of Assistant Merchandiser is for you!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960288272