PR and Social Media Executive
Chervon have created a new and exciting brand called Ego. They are seeking a PR and Social Media Executive to join their team who will have full responsibility of both on and offline communications.
Chervon specialises in researching, developing and manufacturing electric and lithium-ion powered hand tools and outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1993, Chervon have grown to become one of the worlds largest power tool manufacturing companies, designing and manufacturing for many household brands as well as for retail private label. Chervon also owns power tool brands Flex and Skil. Chervon is a genuine global player with products being sold in more than 30,000 stores and in 65 countries.
Continuing their success Chervon recently launched Ego, a new range of cordless outdoor power equipment to challenge their petrol using competitors. They have seen incredible success since their launch and have quickly established themselves as the #1 rated cordless brand in the US and are continuing to grow at a fast pace globally.
The PR and Social Media Executive will be responsible for managing the content and output of Ego's PR activity across the core European countries as well as managing the online presence across multiple social media platforms. The role will be accountable to increasing the visibility, traffic and awareness of the new Ego brand and its products across multiple media platforms for the European market. The role reports directly into the European Marketing Director and will be based in their offices in High Wycombe.
- Develop and implement the PR and social media strategy for the Ego brand and run and manage all media channels
- Manage the relationship with our outsourced PR company to ensure aligned messaging, content and activity calendar
- Pro-actively seek new opportunities and experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage earnt media activities to develop product and brand awareness.
- Build relationships with relevant external stake holders e.g. reporters, editors etc.
- Effectively create, plan, curate, and manage all content (images, video and written) to reach desired audiences
- Ensure the consistency of the brand is reflected across all channels
- Monitor and track discussion topics / trends and report back accordingly
- Communicate internally and capitalise on consumer reviews and feedback
- Measure and report on the impact of social media on the overall marketing efforts
- Liaise with the internal teams on a regular basis and implement processes for the timely delivery and posting of content
- Manage budget strategically to execute PR & media strategy in line with brand objectives
- Maintain and develop a social media content calendar that supports key brand stories, objectives and messages
- Respond to customer queries and crisis management, where necessary, to preserve brand reputation
- Work across time zones and communicate regularly with the Ego and Chervon network to inform on best practices
- Liaise with European partners to provide content for their social media channels
The PR and Social Media Executive based in High Wycomve will have the following:
- Can demonstrate previous PR and/or social media experience, preferably with an international B2B brand
- Experience in stakeholder management and communicating best practice
- Knowledge of social media tools and techniques and the ability to use them creatively
- Knowledge of social listening tools i.e. Hootsuite, Sprout Social etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Demonstrate copy writing and blog writing skills
- Ability to speak French, Dutch, German or Italian is advantageous but not essential
The PR and Social Media Executive will receive an excellent salary and have full ownership in the role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960289316