Job Purpose / Responsibilities
The Associate role sits within the advisory desk which is responsible for delivering their financial risk consultancy service to clients.
They are looking for confident, analytical and articulate individuals with the ability to build relationships with senior decision makers (portfolio managers, board members, CFOs). This is an ideal role for someone looking to further develop their career in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment.
The associate will be responsible for:
- Preparing and delivering analysis, presentations and written work to their client base of sophisticated financial market investors.
- Managing and developing relationships with a small number of high value clients receiving the retainer service which includes:
- o Strategic consultancy services
- o Trade execution
- o Counterparty onboarding with investment banks
- o Technology platform
- Supervision of all aspects of retainer service delivery to ensure quality of output, for example checking the work of Analysts to ensure a high attention to detail.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- 3-7 years professional experience within management consultancy, investment banking or Private Equity / Hedge Funds.
- Relevant undergraduate degree + post graduate qualification e.g. MBA, CFA, Masters in Finance, FRM, AMCT/MCT, CIMA, CAIA, etc
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills with an extremely high attention to detail
- Understanding of risk management in financial markets
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, exposure to Bloomberg
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
Desirable Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, team-working environment
- Knowledge of Alternative Investment Funds
- Exposure to trade execution of OTC derivatives
- Fund Accountancy / actuarial exposure
- Regulatory experience
- Time management / ability to perform under pressure with tight deadlines
- Management and development of junior team members
- Track record of business development
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960289869