Enterprise Risk Senior Manager
Enterprise Risk Senior Manager
Job ID: R-63648
Enterprise Risk Management and the use of risk and capital metrics is key to Aviva’s strategy and an important component of business decisions.
You will support many of these key decisions through ownership of a number of key Own Risk Solvency Assessment (‘ORSA’) processes in particular the second line risk review of the Business Strategy, Corporate, Capital & Liquidity Plans to ensure that risks are understood and mitigated appropriately. You will also be responsible for ensuring that appropriate stress & scenario testing is carried out, including reverse stress testing and any requirements resulting from Aviva’s GSII status.
Reporting to the Head of Enterprise Risk Strategy in the UKL Enterprise Risk team you will also support other key ORSA processes including the approval and monitoring of risk preferences, risk appetites and key risk limits.
- Collaborating across UKI Risk, carry out the Risk review of the UKI Corporate Plan and UKL Capital & Liquidity Plan to allow the Executive and Board to sign-off with clear sight of both the inherent risks within the Plans and the risks to delivery of the Plans.
- Provide the Risk review of the UKI Strategy prior to management and Board discussions, collaborating with UK GI & Health colleagues and ensuring consistency with the key elements of the Risk Appetite Framework.
- Challenge the stress & scenario testing activity carried out within the business to ensure it is fit for purpose informing key management decisions (for example the business plan and dividend payments) and allowing appropriate risk mitigation.
- Challenge the contingency planning, recovery and resolution planning and wargaming activity in support of the GSii requirements locally and at Group.
- Support the setting, communication and ongoing monitoring of risk preferences, risk appetite and risk capital tolerances within UKL.
- Provide foresight to the business through supporting the delivery of Emerging Risk Deep Dives.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Qualified actuary (FIA / FFA) or qualified through suitable experience
- Resourcefulness, ability and drive to quickly acquire a deep understanding of the strategies, plans and performance of the relevant areas of UKL
- Ability to present complex information in a straightforward and clear manner facilitating the right actions and responses
- Energy, drive and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to lead several contending priorities at a time
- A high impact individual, who provides confident and credible challenge, influencing senior partners
- Knowledge of current and emerging issues in the life and pensions industry, enterprise risk management and regulatory environment relating to risk
- Highly numerate and analytical with a developed capability to interpret data and establish alternatives and solutions to complex problems
- An understanding of risk mitigation techniques
- Experience of economic capital assessments and understanding of the key drivers of the main performance management metrics used in the Life Insurance Industry.
- Experience of producing risk reviews or other papers for senior stakeholders including Executive and Board.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of up to £85,000
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
CLOSING DATE 20TH MARCH 2018
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960289638