Civil Engineering Interface Manager
Civil Engineer Interface Manager:
We have an opportunity for a person with a background in civil engineering and interfacing with key agencies such as Highways England, Network Rail and local authorities.
The work will involve managing the interface with a range of key statutory authorities and ensuring that agreements are put in place in a timely manner.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience for Civil Engineer Interface Manager:
The role is to work closely with the Client's Interface Manager and the Stakeholder Manager to cover a wide range of activities and engagements with 3rd parties. They will support the above mentioned individuals and help present and interact at events (some of these evening events) and to cover in periods of absence.
Particular responsibility will be held for relationships with the following:
- Enabling Works Contract for which experience of the management of wide ranging survey works and environmental mitigation will be required.
- Affinity Water. This is a critical interface where we are constructing deep foundations within a chalk aquifer as well as interface with services in this area. Consideration of the relevant consents to support these works is essential.
- Knowledge of Highways England and Network Rail is required to assist with the co-ordination of works with these parties where the new HS2 route impacts on existing transport network.
- Where applicable attend public engagement events to present proposals in relation to these works and more generally. Work with estimating team to advises on how the Interfaces will impact the Target Price
- This is a senior role within the team and the successful candidate is likely to construction experience and exeprience in a management role, co-ordinating multiple contractors in a work area.
- Preferably from an engineering background and used to co-ordinating multiple disciplines (eg utility, water, environmental etc)
- Past experience of several, if not all of HE, NR, Major utility providers in the UK to get up to speed quickly and to operate independently.
- Understanding of major infrastructure projects to instinctively assess the impact of our design on other parties eg knowledge of deep foundations and piling techniques essential. Knowledge of large scale structures and tunnelling is preferable.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at a senior level with key stakeholders and to represent our JV in a professional manner. Cool headed under pressure.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.