Business Application Support Analyst
Due to continued expansion we are delighted to be recruiting for an experienced SQL Application Support Analyst for our financial services client in Glasgow City Centre. Working as part of an experienced team this role will give an experienced Application Support Analyst the chance to get involved in projects and take ownership of the business finance applications.
The role comes with responsibility of ensuring that systems are correctly configured and controlled, and that regulatory and compliance responsibilities are met without issue. Requests from the business for assistance need to be addressed efficiently and appropriately. Issues need to be managed and resolved. There is an ongoing demand for new products and services and these also need to be managed and configured to a high standard.
Working within a small but growing team the role is very much hands-on and requires an individual who is prepared to apply themselves across the broad spectrum of responsibilities that the role entails, ranging from critical and complex tasks to mundane and low-skill tasks that nevertheless are essential to the smooth running of the systems. The Business Application Support team work hard to remain approachable, flexible and act as facilitators of change whilst also ensuring that the necessary governance and controls are maintained in the process.
For this role the following skills are required: -
- Demonstrable experience of supporting and configuring finance (banking) products and processes
- Proven track record of working within a regulated organisation
- Knowledge being responsible for critical processes and tasks and working to tight deadlines
Technical/Specialist Knowledge & Skills Technical
- Good knowledge of finance products and regulations
- Computer literate (good knowledge of MS Office suite - Excel, Word, Power-Point)
- Knowledge of TCF, DPA
- Any of the following would be beneficial:
- SQL / report authoring skills
- Advanced Excel
- Database admin (Oracle/SQL Server)
- Knowledge of IT Support e.g. Helpdesk / Server / Infrastructure
- Customer service
- Quality assurance / release testing
- Microsoft TFS
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
This opportunity is suitable for an experienced Application Support Analyst who is familiar with financial systems looking for a new challenge working in a fast-paced environment.
If you are open minded willing to learn and pick up other skills and looking for a challenging but rewarding position where you will work for a company (people of choice). This is a forward-thinking organisation who offer excellent opportunities, working environment and benefits package please send your CV to apply.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960288195