Mechanical Design Engineer
Red chilli recruitment are excited to be working on a unique opportunity for a talented, ambitious individual to join a leading company within the marine industry.
We are seeking someone with a proven ability to turn ideas into commercially viable products.
This role has career advancement potential.
As their Design Engineer, you will drive projects across a broad range of product divisions. You will be expected to contribute to all phases of the product development process, applying your knowledge to engineer product solutions to a high level of design excellence and innovation.
Skills and Experience:
• 3+ years commercial design engineering experience
• Proven ability to execute and deliver projects within budget and on time
• Good understanding of mechanical engineering principles, proficient in solving problems and detailing mechanisms and assemblies
• A strong understanding of manufacturing processes, including casting, forging, extrusions, machining, injection moulding and metal fabrication
• Have a working knowledge for specifying correct use of gears and bearings
• An appreciation of drive systems incorporating AC/DC motors and hydraulic systems
• Strong 3D CAD skills, preferably Creo or Solidworks
• Good materials knowledge
• Experienced in prototyping and testing
You must also hold:
• Valid passport as some travel overseas may be necessary as and when a project requires.
• Clean driving license
• Ideally a degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline (e.g. Product Design with a focus on engineering)
This is a permanent role offering a competitive salary and benefits
Contact us for more information
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960289863