Classroom Support (Food Tech)
Simply Supply are working closely with a well-regarded secondary school in Southampton, Hampshire who have an opening for the summer term within their Food Technology department.
We are recruiting an experienced and dedicated food technician / classroom support to assist with food technology lessons for all pupils across the school, from Year 7 to Year 11.
This is a full time, term time only role. Hours are 8.30-3.30 Monday to Friday and you will work very closely with the teachers to ensure that you are able to fulfil your role within the department.
Previous experience of working within an educational establishment would be a distinct advantage.
Responsibilities of Classroom Support
- Food preparation
- Supporting the teacher in lessons where required
- Ensuring the relevant equipment is accessible to the teacher and pupils
- Undertaking relevant food hygiene and cleaning tasks
Qualifications and skills
- Applicants MUST hold a valid Food Hygiene certificate (and be able to provide a copy of the certificate)
- A good educational background is required as you may be required to assist with occasional lessons
- Previous experience of working within a similar role, handing food would be an advantage
- First Aid certificate would also be an advantage
- Due to the nature of the role, applicants must either hold an up to date DBS that is registered with the update service or be prepared to complete a DBS application
Applicants MUST have previous experience within a similar role in order to be considered for this role.
Benefits of working with Simply Supply:
- Established & professional agency specialising solely in the education sector in Hampshire
- Competitive rates of pay ranging between £8.41- £8.78 per hour
- Dedicated consultant that has an in-depth knowledge of schools local to you
- Preferred suppliers to Hampshire County Council schools
- Bespoke online management system - including online timesheets
You will be required to register with Simply Supply and we will take up a minimum of three employment and/or academic references, including your most recent employer.
Please contact Abi McDowell, our specialist Secondary Consultant for further information, or apply for this position and she will come back to you!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960264360