Service and Breakdown Engineer
Due to recent expansion of our business, Hassle Free Boilers need Service and Breakdown Engineers, with jobs available immediately for the right candidate. .
Working as part of a very successful team of gas boiler and central heating installers, gas technical surveyors and gas service and breakdown engineers. You will be required to visit and carry out gas boiler servicing and reactive maintenance within customers properties in line with the Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations.
- Complete gas appliance servicing as per manufactures instruction at private customers properties
- Carry out reactive maintenance on all types of gas boilers and heating systems (vented & un-vented)
- Carry out boiler installation remedial work, including pipe work alterations (this is limited)
- Respect the customers properties and to complete all work in a clean and tidy manner
- Complete all work line with company procedures and to an agreed timescale, including all associated administration tasks
- Able to work on own initiatives
- On occasions assist with gas boiler installation engineers to cover annual leave and sickness
- Strictly adhere to all Health & Safety procedures and all relevant industry standards (including basic risk assessments)
- Responsible for managing company vehicle, including its cleanliness (inside and out) and van stock levels
- A flexible approach to working hours, be willing travel and lodge away from home from time to time to meet customers’ expectations (very occasionally)
- Always be a company ambassador and able to demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Experience in all domestic gas heating systems, system upgrades and wiring of central heating controls.
- Proven track record in all domestic gas appliance servicing
- Extensive knowledge in fault finding on electrical and manual central heating equipment, including boilers, central heating controls and components
- Extensive knowledge of all gas safe regulations
- Experience of the requirements of health and safety legislation, including the use of workplace risk assessments
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Current gas qualifications (through an Accredited Certification Scheme), including, CCN1, CEN1, WAT1 or CENWAT, CKR1, CPA1, HTR1
- Unvented Hot Water, Commission and Install
- Full driving licence (maximum six penalty points)
- General IT skills, the candidate will be required to complete documentation related to work activities, which may include the use of laptops or PDAs.
- Ability to act independently, prioritize work and make intelligent but pragmatic decisions whilst having the judgment to know when to discuss and gain support from management
- Understanding of individual domestic customers and the requirements of excellent customer service
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 17th edition or Part P electrical qualifications and will be a distinct advantage
Hassle Free Boilers provide the following equipment:
- phone (PDA type),
- all job specific electrical equipment,
- a vehicle for business use.
- Salary is 31-32k plus overtime and bonuses.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960254114