Our client provides a wide range of services to support people with dementia, older people and people with learning disabilities.
Our client aims to be an organisation that includes, supports, respects and empowers residents, service users and staff. They do this by treating all people who use our services with dignity and respect whilst promoting independence, choice and individuality. They give high priority to supporting and developing the skills of our staff and encouraging links with our local community
As Healthcare Assistant you will:
Have an understanding of general and specific aspects of the needs of older and younger people with dementia and associated conditions. e.g. a person centred approach to care planning, communication, promoting individual rights, etc.
Provide and assist the service users in all aspects of individual personal care needs as required by their condition, culture and wishes, with sensitivity, respect and dignity and according to the companies standards.
Act as a key worker/advocate to ensure that the needs of the service users are met and attend service users meetings as required by the manager.
- Promote high standards of care.
- Communicate professionally and warmly with visitors family members, and other health care professionals.
- Report any concerns regarding possible abuse of service users immediately to a senior manager.
- Report any accidents, incidents, verbal concerns or complaints raised by the service user or visitors in accordance with the companies policies.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a pleasant, hygienic, healthy and safe environment.
- Ensure that staff, service users and visitors comply with company Health and Safety Policy.
- Carry out general administration duties in accordance with organisational and service requirements.
- To attend and take part in staff meetings (minimum of 6 per year).
The successful candidate must have:
- NVQ 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification.
- One year experience in long term care or assisted living or home health preferred/ Mininum two years voluntary care experience.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates good judgement, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to react calmly in emergency situations and be considerate.
- Caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Medication administration training or/and a willingness to undertake training if required.
PART TIME HOURS AVAILABLE
Days - 7:30am - 2:30pm /2:20pm-9:20pm
Nights - 9:10pm -7:40am
To apply for the role of Care Assistant, please click APPLY now and send CV.