Cost and Change Analyst - HS2
Cost and Change Analyst - HS2 Phase 2
Based in Birmingham & 12 month contract
Rate - £46,000 - 52,000 per annum
My client is the development partner for a major rail infrastructure project in Birmingham.
- Use deep technical knowledge and subject matter expertise to understand business and technical issues and impacts regarding proposed change.
- understanding of causes and effects and uses the knowledge gained from analysis to make recommendations or resolutions
- Analysis of outputs from changes proposed and subsequent effect on cost models to support accurate reporting, benchmarking and analysis of HS2 infrastructure costs.
- Ensuring that the information received is harvested and inserted into the right change/cost systems, in order to drive the mechanics behind the systems for earned value and world class cost reporting.
- Draw on industry best practice in the development and maintenance of HS2 cost systems to ensure consistent best in class approaches and decision making across all directorates.
- Provide support to the development of programme wide models including (amongst others) indirect costs, whole life, and prelims.
- Provides subject matter expertise to understand the impacts of proposed changes.
- Provides business or technical information
- Provides recommendations to change asessors
- Understanding of the cost drivers that define a project and ability to convert engineering data into meaningful cost drivers.
- Quantity surveying skills and an understanding of the construction industry. Knowledge of cost systems.
- Ability to analyse effects of the proposed change on the financial data.
- Ability to analyse data and present as meaningful metrics.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and specifically the ability to present cost work.
- Working towards chartered status.
- Experience in infrastructure and/or the rail sector.
Successful Candidate Someone Who:
- can accurately and clearly interpret and articulate changes proposed, cost data and provide
- informative conclusions to allow effective decision making;
- has a good understanding of data usage;
- has proven ability to successfully conduct detailed project/programme planning; and
- Has experience of working with internal change management and cost systems.
This is a great opportunity but there will be a lot of competition for this position so if you are interested or know someone that is (we do run a referral scheme), please don't hesitate to send me your CV or call me on 01895671832
"VGC Personnel Ltd are acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy"