Service Desk Engineer
- Act as SPOC for the customer receiving and answering phone calls, e-mails, CMS Web and other communications, processing customers request.
- Producing Daily Performance reports for distribution to a senior audience
- Distribute and assign cases to other parts of the business as required
- Monitoring of the IT stack and Core network alarm system by actively monitoring the relevant Huawei's Service Management Tool's, raising cases and assigning to the correct resolver as necessary.
- Maintain good ticket management in-line with Huawei ticket management philosophy.
- Support and liaise communication with the Field team
- Communicate with the customer to acknowledge receipt of notification of Incident or problems, clarify ticket priority, provide indication of timescales before work can start
- Handling incidents for management by the Incident Manager using the Incident management process
- Record Incident, problem and change request configuration data relating to the customer service into the Huawei's Service Management Tool.
- Handling service requests using the Service, Problem, Change and Configuration request processes
- Confirm incident resolution or Service request fulfillment results with customer and collect customers feedback in line with Huawei philosophy
- Identify any risks or areas of improvement and report to the Service Desk Manager
- Maintain a rolling shift handover record that is open to the business
- Coordinate with 3rd and Strategic partners as necessary
- Liaising with other parts of the Customer business as appropriate
- Adhere to the Escalation policy identified by Huawei, escalating as appropriate to the process and procedure
- Responsible for ensuring all Equipment, Process and Procedure knowledge documents are updated and followed.
- 2-3 years experience in a Service Desk role preferably in a IT/Technology based Industry
- Some knowledge of monitoring/maintaining network elements would be useful particularly in an Operations & Maintenance environment
- Understanding of IMS, CRM, CBS & BSS an advantage.
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot & resolve technical situations
- ITIL / eTom knowledge an advantage.
- Fluency in English and the local language
- Aware of the importance of culture as an intrinsic part of the success of the organization