Java Developer with SQL Server - Swinton Insurance
We are looking to recruit a Java Developer with SQL Server to be based at Swinton Insurance in Manchester on a contract basis for 9 months.
You will be part of a team that use statistical analysis and predictive modelling to determine optimal prices thus maximising profitability for the business. Having moved on to a new platform real-time pricing (RTP) models are now implemented in Java. You will form part of a team responsible for the design and implementation of real-time pricing capability and also cover assisting with change projects where the business needs changes embedding in RTP.
Main Accountabilities will include:
* Developing and testing solutions built to effectively and efficiently deliver business requirements
* Ensuring all quality assurance processes for putting changes into the production systems are followed
* Aligning activity with accepted best practice and standards for designing, coding and documenting software
* Proactively championing continuous improvement within the team
* Helping junior members of the team to develop their technical skills
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Expert in JAVA and SQL Server
* Experience of designing and developing high quality production ready software solutions
* Used to working in an Agile and/or DevOps environment, consistently delivering on time
* In depth knowledge of code version control
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
* Previous user of Drools
* A willing learner able to quickly apply knew knowledge in daily tasks
* Some understanding of Eclipse, JIRA, KILN and/or ReadyAPI
* Knowledge and experience of the Insurance sector
In line with FCA guidelines, if successful, you will need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start work. These will include a full credit enquiry, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.