We are looking for an ambitious lawyer/solicitor to join our senior management team as our general counsel. You should have legal experience in structured finance, securitizations, or derivatives – either advising arrangers, issues or originators. You should also be excited to run the show for all of our regulatory work from consumer credit to payment services (don’t worry we get external counsel to help too!).
What you’ll be doing:
- Acting as the authority on all matters of a legal nature at Capital on Tap
- Reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with the senior management team
- Owning the legal aspects of any debt raise, equity raise or securitization
- Taking charge of regulatory compliance (payments and consumer credit), governance and staying on top of other legal and legislative changes (GDPR, etc)
- 4 years’ experience in an in-house or commercial private practice role
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of structured finance, securitizations, derivatives, and capital markets
- Excited to join as a senior member of one of the UK’s fastest growing companies
- Be a UK qualified solicitor, or similar
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes
- Excellent work and academic track record
Company DescriptionFounded in 2012, Capital on Tap is on a mission to help small businesses thrive. We believe small business owners are the foundation for growth in our economy, and yet today’s banking system has left them behind. To date, we have partnered with over 40,000 businesses across the UK deploying funding facilities of over £400 million to customers ranging from small and micro-retailers up to multinational supply chain groups.