MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To deliver a supported living package based upon structured key work sessions to vulnerable young people aged 16 – 18. These sessions will aim to promote the life skills of young people and support their transition into adulthood
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES, TASKS AND DUTIES
- Manage a caseload of between 7 - 10 young people living semi-independently in the community; you will be responsible for your own timekeeping and structuring key work sessions consistent with an independent placement agreement.
- Work with management and young people to develop a structured programme of key work sessions based upon the young person’s individual needs and focused on developing their self-reliance and esteem.
- Monitor the young person’s ability to engage with everyday living and develop skills where necessary.
- Promote safe, consistent and understandable boundaries with young people in conjunction with a ‘Young Person’s Agreement’.
- Encourage young person to access education, training or employment supporting any application process.
- Encourage the young person to take an active part in the local community, building relationships and maintaining social networks.
- Prepare weekly key working session reports and monthly progress reports regarding each young person’s progress, these reports must be completed to a high standard for submission to the placing authority.
- To budget, prepare and administer weekly financial payments to the young people, keeping accurate records and receipts for each expenditure.
- Work in partnership with other agencies and support the young people to attend meetings with other professionals. You will be required to attend admission and planning meetings; and attend LAC reviews ensuring all relevant paperwork is complete.
- Carry out weekly Health and Safety checks for each property with the assistance of the young person. You must supervise, record and report any repair work or damage to property to ensure it is kept to a high standard.
- Maintain confidentiality for young people and report any concerns regarding young person’s welfare to the Manager.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as and when required.
Company DescriptionUniqcare and Support are an independent Social Care Provider providing supported living services to adults with varying mental health, learning disability and dual diagnosis needs. We are based in Harrow, Middlesex.