Head of Delivery Operations
Head of Delivery Operations
Salary Dependent on Experience.
Gigaclear is a rapidly expanding, game-changing, ultrafast fibre-optic broadband provider. We have grown from 30 to 200 employees over the last 2 years, with plans to double in size again in 2018. We are a transparent bunch where initiative and hard-work is rewarded with development and progression.
The Head of Delivery Operations will provide direction and support to the Delivery function, ensuring that operational targets are underpinned with robust Business Processes, Working Practices and appropriate use of Systems. They will be responsible for coordinating the Business Planning, Forecasting and Reporting of Delivery Operations and take the lead on driving continuous performance improvement across the Delivery function. The role will involve taking ownership of Risk Management and Issues Resolution regarding the achievement of Delivery KPIs. In the case of the Delivery Director being absent, they will be required to deputise on their behalf.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Delivery Director, the Head of Delivery Operations will be responsible for:
- Take ownership of the end-to-end Delivery pipeline to ensure that all workflows are managed in a coordinated way and risks and issues are identified and mitigated/resolved as appropriate.
- Coordinate resource planning across delivery Management team to ensure that all internal and 3rd party contractor resources are in place to support Delivery targets.
- Manage supply chain to ensure material, equipment and ancillary items are available to meet Delivery targets.
- Carry out regular operations reviews across Delivery function to track progress and identify risks and issues in time for resolution action to be taken.
- Ensure Delivery planning, forecasting and reporting meets business requirements and provides meaningful inputs to management information systems and decision support processes.
- Act as Business Owner for all IT Systems used in the Delivery Process and ensure consistent adoption by users.
- Drive continuous performance improvement initiatives across the Delivery function.
- Deputise for the Delivery Director if they are absent.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experienced Business Operations Manager with good commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of Telecommunications Design, Construction and Installation functions, especially regarding Fibre to the Premises provisioning.
- Experience of managing direct and indirect teams and 3rd party suppliers and coordinating workflows to achieve operational targets.
- Skilled in Business Process Analysis and Improvement Techniques.
- Advanced capability in Microsoft Office and other relevant business applications.
We are looking for a confident communicator at all levels with excellent relationship building skills. They must be self-motivated, able to work under their own initiative and capable of bringing innovative solutions towards operational decisions and having a can-do attitude to risk and issues management. Able to provide leadership and direction to other Delivery Team members without having direct line management authority.