Payroll / Accounts Assistant
My client a leading manufacturing business based in Keighley is looking to appoint an Accounts / Payroll Assistant on a permanent basis. You will provide Support for the Financial Controller in the Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and Banking functions.
You will be responsible for;
- Managing the process of purchase invoices to the agreed timetable, matching invoices with delivery notes, price checking against PO's updating stock values in reflection to current price.
- Inputting the sales ledger to the invoicing system
- Sending out statements, chasing overdue debts, dealing with adhoc accounting emails
- Manage cash books and post receipts / payments and reconciliation of Bank Statements
- Assisting with the weekly wages, Calculating agency hours on time sheets, calculating piece rate bonus
- Once payroll is fully functioning run weekly payroll / process all employee's timesheets
Knowledge, Skills & Experience needed:
- Able to demonstrate a good attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- At early stages or working towards accounting qualification preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of being part of a team with ability to work in a team as well as on own initiative.
- Experience with Sage 50 Accounts, Sage Payroll Desirable
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel - inc formulas, v Lookups
- Salary: £17,000.00 to £20,000.00 /year
- Free parking