Design and Communications Assistant - up to £26k, Fantastic Charity in St Albans
Would you like to work for a wonderful charitable organisation, based in the centre of St Albans?
We are looking for a Design and Communications Assistant to support the Brand Manager, working in a fun and friendly team of 12. The role will also see you liaising with the wider group of fundraisers and stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity with excellent scope to develop and progress within the company!
- To deliver high quality, creative design for the Charity’s marketing output in accordance with their brand values and guidelines
- To produce succinct marketing copy for publications ensuring the tone and style appeals to different target audiences
- To liaise with external suppliers to ensure all publications are produced and distributed in accordance with brand values and guidelines
- Working as part of the in-house creative team to produce copy and design for marketing output, and other publications; commissioning photography and print where necessary
- Be an active participant in the creative process (e.g. thought showers and planning sessions)
- Provide a complete design and publishing service to support the team in their marketing activity when required
- In liaison with the relevant commissioning staff members, sense-check and copy-edit all text and ensure communications are fit for purpose
- Liaise with the Digital Team to ensure all publications are adapted for digital when required
- Produce content briefs and detailed delivery schedules to share with senior members of staff
- Maintain a detailed task schedule to manage multiple projects at a time
- Ensure production remains within the budget designated for each piece of work
- Ensure invoices are coded ready for authorisation by the Director of Fundraising & Marketing
- Maintain close communication with other staff within the Charity
- Educated to degree level - ideally communications/marketing related
- Experienced with Adobe Suite (Photoshop/ Illustrator/ InDesign)
- At least a years’ experience working in a similar role or a freelance capacity
- Excellent creative design skills
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- Ability to articulate and present thoughts and creative ideas
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects, conflicting priorities and tight deadlines
- An eye for detail when checking and proof reading copy
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; able to build positive and lasting relationships at all levels within the organisation and externally
- Confident in briefing and managing external agencies and suppliers
- Ability to demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Salary: up to £26k
Benefits: 25 days holidays, free parking, pension, life insurance, childcare vouchers, staff awards, subsidised cost of eye test and glasses and staff discounts
Please note due to the number of applications we often receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.