Employment Tax Consultant - Professional Services
My client’s tax practice is a dynamic and successful area of their business. A constantly changing and increasingly high-profile field, tax can offer a surprisingly broad range of quality career paths to ambitious people.
An opportunity currently exists for a consultant in the Employment Tax team. As employment taxes specialists they work with a wide variety of clients including many household names. The work is primarily project-based covering areas such as employment tax and National Minimum Wage governance, employment status, reward, payroll effectiveness and expenses and benefit compliance.
The Employment Tax and payroll team delivers services ranging from taxation and compliance advice for employers to assisting organisations in areas such as overseas services. It is accepted that applicants may need support with their development in some areas depending on their background and previous experience.
Knowledge, skills, experience and personal attributes;
- Three plus years in an Employment Tax role whether in another practice or HMRC;
- ATT or CTA qualified or with equivalent level of proven experience;
- Good IT capability, experience with Excel, Outlook and Word;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills at all levels, both verbal and written;
- Ability to understand the needs of the client and act accordingly.
- The desire to be the client relationship manager for a portfolio of smaller clients.
- Ability to use own initiative and think independently whilst also being a key team participant;
- An ongoing commitment to their own personal development;
- Able to deal with change in a positive manner, adoptive of a pro-active and enthusiastic approach;
- An eye for new business development opportunities.
My client is a leading independent firm of chartered accountants delivering a broad range of accountancy and advisory services. They act for entrepreneurial businesses of all shapes and sizes, for charities and "not for profit" entities as well as for many individuals. They differentiate from others on the bases of expertise, service and value whilst individually and collectively aspire to be the best at what they do. Based in the North East they have a demonstrable national and international capability. As a business they continually demonstrate a willingness and capability to invest in people, services and technology to ensure clients’ needs are exceeded both now and in the future.