Our client specialises in the management of aircraft component repairs for airlines, manufacturers and MROs throughout the world by using its industry experience, knowledge and expertise to provide engineering and business solutions that reduce the operating costs of its customers.
They are now seeking a Value Engineer to join their busy but sociable team in the south east of England.
This role will involve:
- Reducing cost of component repair through Value Engineering
- Managing the process of ensuring repair costs are fair and equitable to the customer and identifying opportunities for cost reduction
- Assessing warranty rejections and quotations
- Supporting other internal teams in designing individual Value Engineering solutions for new customers
- Reporting of cost savings
- Regular updating of progress and performance to internal teams and end client
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with other internal departments and suppliers
- Ensuring that the contractual service is consistently delivered and meets or exceeds customer expectations
Ideal candidate skills/experience:
- An HND/HNC in an engineering discipline is desirable but not essential.
- Strong MS Excel, analytical, communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong time management, problem solving, great use of initiative and a passion to learn.
- A team player with great attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
My client offers a competitive starting salary which is dependent upon experience. The package includes full induction programme and on-the-job training, a contributory pension scheme and opportunities for progression and development.
- Job type: Permanent, based on the Surrey/Berkshire border
- Free parking
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to:
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.