Purchase Ledger Clerk
£20,000 - £25,000
We are looking for a high calibre Ledger Clerk to join a small friendly accounts team in a growing company based in Kings Langley. The position is permanent and full time, and reports to the Finance Manager.
To be successful in this role you will be someone who enjoys being involved in a variety of accounts department roles, from sales ledger and purchase ledger, to assisting the Finance Manager to provide an efficient and accurate service.
You will have strong attention to detail and enjoy working in a methodical and organised manner.
For the right candidate, this is an opportunity to work with a welcoming and friendly, well established local business.
Duties will include:
- Raising and submitting sales invoices and credit notes
- Entering purchase invoices onto database and accounting system
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Filing of invoices and statements
- Dealing with supplier queries by phone and email
- Posting and allocating bank receipts
- Processing subcontractor and supplier payments for authorisation
- Processing and reconciling company credit card receipts
- Issuing customer statements
- Departmental & Aged Debtors reporting for management
- Assisting the Finance Manager
- Experience of Sage Line 50 is essential
- Knowledge of the construction industry and CIS would be advantageous, but not mandatory
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven organisational/coordination skills and attention to detail
- Intermediate MS Office skills to include Word, Excel & Outlook