Application Support Engineer
Benefex is a fast-moving technology company, and one of the most successful providers of online reward and benefits solutions in the UK. To help us on our quest to be the best, we need brilliant people on board and that’s where you come in.
If you fancy joining a team which strives to make a difference, moves at lightning speed and is a little bit unique, we’d like to hear from you. Due to company expansion, we are currently looking for an experienced Application Support Engineer to join our Application Support team.
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Manage and resolve issues within the ticket management system
- ITIL Awareness
- Supporting multiple tickets simultaneously
- Ensure users are kept updated
- Problem solving and investigating queries
- Supporting with the release process across multiple environments
- Updating / Maintain user permissions
- Creating technical knowledge base documents to be used within the team
- Working closely with internal teams and clients to ensure high quality fixes
- Working to strict deadlines for delivery
- Administrative and ad hoc activities as required
- Effective communication to resolution across business departments
- Maintain confidentiality within all aspects of the job role
- Requirement to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays and be a part of an on-call rota
Minimum level of experience required: (including any industry-specific experience)
- A minimum of 3 years’ Application/Development support experience
Minimum skillset required:
- Being a logical thinker with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable experience supporting Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later
- Experience with SQL to an advanced level
- Excellent communication skills across all levels and enjoy working as part of a team
Rewards for you:
- Benefits including 25 days holiday (plus your birthday off!)
- Healthcare, income protection, life assurance and access to our own award-winning online benefits scheme
- Great team and office environment
We know that everyone has commitments outside of work, and we don’t want anyone to feel they’re not able to apply to come and work for us based on the hours they are able to work. We have people working all kinds of working patterns here at Benefex to fit around childcare, public transport, and even their Wednesday evening football match! If you’re not looking for full time working hours, then come and chat to us and we’ll do our best to agree a working pattern with you that works for both you and the business. We recognise that great work is all about what you deliver for the organisation… not the hours you’re in the office.
Interested? Please let us have your details. Start as you mean to go on, though: don’t just bore us with a bog-standard CV and dreary cover letter which you’ve used 100 times before for every other vacancy out there. We like people who are creative and challenge the norm, so reflect that in how you apply to come and work for us. A CV is useful, there’s no denying that, but make your application stand out from the crowd and do something different. We like different.