Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager (B2B)
Savills is a global property services group with an international network spanning 60 countries. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, Savills employs more than 35,000 staff worldwide and has been recognised as a Business Superbrand for nine consecutive years.
Savills is looking for a social media expert to work closely with the B2B divisions within its UK business. The role will manage social media channels and advise on social media best practice, in order to protect and promote Savills. The overall objective is to grow awareness of Savills B2B services in ways that build on and complement the overall Savills brand.
Based in the global HQ in London, the Social Media Manager (B2B) will report into the Head of Social Media and work in partnership with the Social Media Manager (B2C). The Social Media Manager (B2B) will be an ambassador for social media across the company, with specific responsibility for UK B2B social media projects, including social media content and community management.
The role will liaise closely with the B2B PR and B2B Marketing teams in order to provide expert advice to business teams and senior management. It will also support general social media activities across the Savills Group, including working with Savills colleagues around the world.
- Plan and manage organic UK B2B social media content
- Be the first point of contact for social media queries from the UK B2B divisions, including identifying divisional requirements and ensuring they complement and support Savills objectives at UK and global levels
- Community management, including monitoring Savills and related industry conversations, and responding as appropriate (with out of hours cover flexibility when required)
- Provide central support to global PR and marketing colleagues (primarily B2B), advising on best practice and company policies.
- Identify and build relationships with relevant external social media influencers, working closely with Savills B2B PR team
- Analyse and report on the performance of Savills social media spaces
- Develop social media training materials and guides; assist with internal education on social media best practice and Savills social media policies
- Advise on paid social media campaigns with B2B Marketing
- Assist with the identification of industry trends in order to develop social media best practice
- Proactively contribute to the development of the social media team and the support it provides to the Savills Group
- Provide team cover and support for the Social Media Manager (B2C)
In addition to the tasks described above, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties as may reasonably be required for the role from time to time.
Hands on experience of managing social media channels on a daily basis for a high profile B2B brand
Expert understanding of owned, earned and paid media and how social media fits with PR, marketing and customer services
Expert user of social media management tools (e.g. Hootsuite or similar)
Knowledge of social media listening tools and compiling social media reports
Excellent and engaging presenter
Highly motivated, extremely organised with a high attention to detail
Ability to form successful working relationships with colleagues across a large scale business
Ability to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Crisis management experience
Experience in the commercial property sector or related professional services
Understanding of corporate communications, ideally within a large-scale/regulated/plc environment
You will have at least 3 years’ experience in a social media role for an established B2B brand, either agency side or in-house. Degree level education preferred, however relevant work experience will be considered.
Hours: 9:00am-6:00pm Monday-Friday, however flexibility will be required due to the nature of the role.
Location: Based at 33 Margaret Street, London, W1G 0JD