Materials/Goods In/Out Team Leader
Due to continued expansion our client an Engineering firm established over 40 years ago in Cirencester is recruiting an experienced, Materials Team Leader. This is a great time to join this progressive firm, within a competitive market place they continue to grow owing to the quality of their products and the loyalty of their staff.
Responsible to the Production Manager the day to day duties of the role are as follows:
- Purchasing and expediting of all Materials, Subcon and Consumables
- Supervise Material Controllers on Site 1 & 2, ensuring that:
o All goods in are received accurately and materials moved to correct location
o All goods out consignments are accurately documented, despatched On Time and by the most secure and cost-effective method
o All goods are adequately packaged for safe transport
- Co-ordinate delivery drivers and all deliveries to achieve OTD and cost efficiency
- Provide assistance to the Production Manager on a daily basis and cover any period of absence
- Complete morning meeting to ensure the team are aware of targets and responsibilities
- Engage, manage and prioritise staffing assignments, to ensure production schedule and demand is met.
- Apply and monitor overtime accordingly to meet demand
- Liaise and communicate with all team leaders, to ensure product is dispatched to the next process in a timely manner
- Administer compliance of VOSA requirements.
- Administer delivery vehicle maintenance.
- Administer scrap sales and delivery
- Machine maintenance - daily, weekly and monthly checks
- Ensure full adherence to 5S practices at all times
- Drive lean manufacturing activities
- Identify, execute and coordinate operator training requirements
- Provide 'best practice’ input into Apprentice training and ensure all learning opportunities are recorded
- Identify, support and drive continuous improvement efforts with Production Manager
- Salary upto £27,000 dependent on experience
- 39 hrs a week
- Hours - 07:30 - 16:30 Monday to Thursday 07:30 - 12:45 Friday
- Overtime paid at premium
- 24 days holiday
- Death in Service x 3 of salary
- Free parking, uniform & safety shoes