Assistant Head of Year
Assistant head of year - Wigan based secondary school
Our client secondary school located in Wigan wish to appoint a number of assistant heads of year to provide additional pastoral support.
- Full time position from September 2018 (Earlier start date available)
- Permanent positions and long term temporary contracts dependant on experience
- Working within an Ofsted graded Good Roman Catholic secondary school
- Negotiable salary dependant on experience
Within this role you will have a number of responsibilities which are highlighted below and you will work in partnership with current heads of year;
- Conduct investigations into student disciplinary issues
- Ensure that Child Protection matters are passed to the Senior Managements
- Collate and support pupils within inclusion unit
- Liaise with SENCO and LSAs
- Assist in supervision of student detentions
This school seek to appoint 2 assistant heads of year from September 2018 on a permanent basis. This is a non teaching role and you will hold a number of behaviour management/pastoral duties. You will be required to support the head of year and form tutors in helping students to deal with the general day to day problems that may occur within school.Within this role the successful applicants will be offering one to one mentoring support to students as well as offering group sessions on various topics relevant to a students needs. We will be identifying students that are also under performing and helping to put strategies in place to support them academically.
Our client is a Roman Catholic 11-16 high school which falls under the trusteeship of the Archdiocese of Liverpool. Located on the outskirts of Wigan town centre close to Standish, the school is oversubscribed and holds an excellent reputation within the community. Graded Good across all Ofsted criteria, the school has an excellent reputation and is the ideal workplace for anyone looking for a progressive role. If you are interested in this role or for further information email your CV to Matt via the link below or contact the Manchester Secondary Branch of Teaching Personnel for further information.