PART-TIME SCIENCE ROLE
Are you a qualified Science teacher searching for a part time role?
An ‘Outstanding’ secondary school in Huddersfield are looking for a qualified Science teacher, of any specialism, to work on a part-time basis. The position will begin after Easter half term and will initially run up to the summer break. If you’re a confident, passionate teacher looking to get the enjoyment out of teaching without having to commit to a full time role then this is a fantastic opportunity!
Key responsibilities will include…
- Delivering the curriculum in line with the Awarding Body requirements
- Working within a high-achieving science department to create lesson plans that are tailored to children of a mixed ability
- Setting and monitoring work, alongside marking and contributing to the administrative tasks of the team
- Any other requirements of a Science teaching job, including extra-curricular activities and staff meetings.
**RATES OF PAY START AT £120 PER DAY**
We’re looking for someone who is…
- Able to manage challenging behaviour
- Able to teach at the highest standard, raising aspirations and achievements of all students.
- A worthwhile & valuable contribution to any school who employ them
You must be qualified to teach up to Key Stage 4 and can specialise in either Biology, Chemistry or Physics. If you have excellent subject knowledge, together with a passion for Science that is infectious, then we would love to hear from you!
**YOU MUST HAVE QUALIFIED TEACHER STATUS – NQT’S WELCOME**
- You MUST have a DBS that is on the update service
- Able to provide references for the last 2 years
- Attend a registration interview
Supply Desk are working with various schools across the West Yorkshire area. In addition to top rates of pay, and a commitment to your professional development such as Team Teach, Jolly Phonics and Jolly Grammar to name a few, we can offer you a pension contribution scheme and a dedicated consultant to support you every step of the way
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.
In addition!! Do you know other great teachers or support staff? Simply refer a friend and we will pay you £100 for every person you refer to us once they have worked for 5 days.