Membership & Retail Assistant
Our visitor, retail and catering teams are at the front line of raising the funds we need to deliver our cause, whilst delivering an exceptional service for our visitors. If you love working with people from all ages and backgrounds, this Membership and Retail Assistant opportunity could be the right role for you.
What it's like to work here
'I could live here!’, is what most people say when visiting Gunby Hall and Gardens. Modest-sized rooms full of character and charm make it easy to imagine yourself moving in. With links to Tennyson, Darwin and Vaughan-Williams there is so much to discover about the family home of the Massingberd family.
Gunby has a charming tea-room where our visitors can enjoy a slice of cake and a nice cuppa. The tea-room also acts as our shop, selling a range of the most popular National Trust gifts and treats including handmade items created from Gunby wood.
What you'll be doing
As a Membership & Retail Assistant, you'll be responsible for welcoming visitors to Gunby Hall and Gardens, whilst actively promoting membership of the National Trust, retail sales and our catering offer. You'll have full knowledge about the Trust and your property, and will help to provide information and key messages to our visitors. You'll deliver outstanding customer service to a broad range of visitors and do everything possible to consistently exceed visitor expectations.
With your love of working with people and desire to provide an excellent service, you’ll acknowledge, welcome and engage every visitor, offering them help and advice with their purchases in our shop and tea-room. This means maintaining a thorough knowledge of our products, being on hand to help and ensuring our shop and tea-room is maintained to a high standard.
Who we're looking for
To be fantastic in this role, you’ll need:
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work to sales targets, and confidently sell our membership benefits
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
- A willingness to learn new skills, and a can do attitude
- Some cash handling experience
- Experience or interest working for a heritage organisation
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking