Senior Superconductive Magnet Designer
Senior Design Draughtsman
- Design generation of solid models and engineering drawings from line-up information supplied by project engineers, personal experience and knowledge.
- Construction of bills of material.
- Providing clear and concise drawings for the assembly technicians.
- Generation of, and adherence to, working instructions and procedures in accordance with the Company`s ISO 9001:2015 Quality Assurance policy.
- Liaison with colleagues, customers, collaborators and suppliers as necessary.
- Assist in identifying new component suppliers and subcontractors where appropriate.
- Supplying engineering drawings and models to customers and collaborators in the relevant format in a concise and timely manner.
- Participation in technical design reviews.
- Where necessary, contribute to production and development cost build-up models.
- Project management as and when required.
- Supervisory support in line managers absence.
- Able to work to defined timescales and targets.
- Confident and professional communication skills.
- Excellent customer focus with ability to reliably respond to enquiries and communicate/interact with internal and external customers.
- Pro-active, with a can-do approach.
- A team player, but also comfortable working autonomously.
Qualifications and experience:
- Preferably an Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering, Design engineering or a related discipline.
- HNC, HND in Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering or a related discipline.
- Ideally experienced in the design of superconducting magnets and cryogenic systems.
- Preferably with significant experience in using Solid Edge design software. Alternatively, experience with CREO/Pro-Engineer design software.
- Experience managing complex design projects.
- Clean, valid drivers' license.