Provide critical analysis on pricing performance, gap analysis, price elasticity and market competitiveness to support the independent business drive. Ensuring the pricing tool kit is market relevant, robust and its update processes efficient to produce and provide controlled margin management on the growing estate.
The client is a large independant business based in the Bicester area. They have a multimillion pound turnover and have recently been restructuring their finance team due to the growth of the business. They are easily accessible by both public transport and car with plenty of parking on site.
- To remodel and embellish the already existing monthly banded pricing structure. Working with the Price Manager to ensure the monthly update process is technically sound and efficient from a modelling perspective, and additionally working closely with the Independent Sales teams to understand pricing effectiveness on both new business wins and margin management on the existing customer base.
- To set up a competitor analysis tool. Working with the sales teams to understand how competitor activity can be better understood, seek to produce ongoing analytical tools to assist in the understanding of our pricing positions v's the markets & competition.
- To set up regular analysis on price list performance considering specifically the impact of price changes v's volume conversion, seeking to provide a greater understanding of the pricing elasticity of the independent market space allowing a more strategic approach to independent pricing.
- To work with the Price Manager and Monthly Price Support Administrator to develop working models allowing easy production of market relevant monthly special pricing (push pricing). Generating greater margin control of existing independent business, reducing risk by ensuring market relevance v's competitor pricing and reducing administration in both the Commercial & Sales functions.
- To support the workflow management of the BAU new business financial evaluation process through clear communications on workload management. In addition to mapping and building the required excel documents ready for commercial review and pricing and sharing commercial experience with pricing peoples in order to generate compelling quotes for potential customers.
- To provide critical support of the price review process by responding to cost and pricing queries from internal stakeholders, managing the pricing model and generating bespoke price review requirements, preparing forecasts for the upcoming season at net net, IDP & revenue level and assisting in the pricing approval process and tracking of performance v's targets.
- To provide specialist commercial and pricing support for all pricing and product change related decisions in the business. Supporting in ensuring that shape and value of goods are considered in a customer's baskets and identifying any areas of risk.
Key Attributes of the successful Commercial Analyst:
- Advanced excel user with prior experience of delivering Commercial models
- Customer focused and solutions driven
- Strong focus on attention to detail and accuracy
- Aptitude for problem solving * A "can do and will do" attitude, action orientated
- Ability to manage commercial acumen with efficient work processes
- Able to deliver results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
On offer for the successful Commercial Analyst is a salary of circa £30,000 to £35,000k plus a healthy benefits package.