Shop Manager - Fordingbridge
- Full Time
We are currently recruiting for a Shop Manager to provide a high quality retail service in relation to agreed performance targets. Undertake all appropriate duties to ensure continued operations of the Shop.
*Maximise store income and achieve agreed performance targets
*Promote gift Aid to customers
*Implement the highest standards of customer care and service
* Maintain a high level of commercial awareness
* Recruit, manage, train and support staff and volunteers
* Ensure the store is open between agreed hours of trading
* Demonstrate a good understanding of health and safety to ensure statutory responsibilities are met
* Be able to work to KPI's and deadlines
* Assist with stock generation
* Ensure all administrative and financial procedures are followed
* Work closely with the Area Sales Manager
* Hands on approach to work
* Travel within the region where required, to provide cover in other shops or for training activities
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Generating store income and achieve agreed performance targets
* Have a good record of staff management
* Understanding of health and safety
* Effective Communication Skills
To comply with UK legislation we cannot accept applications from candidates under the age of 18 as the successful candidate will be required to work on their own in the shop without the aid of other staff.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.