Fast growing business based in the Sale area requires an Accounts Assistant for their growing team. This is a newly created role and therefore an opportunity to make the role your own and progress within the position. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will assist all central finance functions, providing accurate and timely information relating to finance.
Duties of the role will include:
- Review P&L nominal accounts on a monthly basis for all sales and costs ensuring accuracy and identifying cost accruals and preparing journals
- Review overhead nominals and prepare general accruals and prepayments journals
- Enter month end journals
- Oversee purchase ledger and assist with the volume where necessary
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare VAT return and make payments quarterly
- Assist in the production of monthly management accounts, reporting schedules and year end reporting
- Assist with development of new processes and procedures
- Support financial and non-financial colleagues
The right candidate will have experience in the above and will be looking for a role that will offer an opportunity to develop skills.