Cost Analyst : Workington / Lillyhall
Due to maternity leave with our client, MacArthur Recruitment are seeking somebody with sound numerical skills and competency with MS Office for the role of Cost Analyst. The role will last for approximately 12 months, allowing some time for an initial handover and training.
The role is with a leading UK based engineering company in West Cumbria. They are looking for somebody who is keen to make a difference to the company, department and role. This is an opportunity for you to develop your skills and career with this forward-thinking company.
Main Purpose of the position of Cost Analyst :
The main purpose of this role is to provide support to the Manager on costings. This involves a mixture of regular tasks and ad-hoc requests. Working from spreadsheets and lists, you will assist in producing costings; liasing with internal and external customers as well as suppliers.
Person Specification for the role of Cost Analyst :
- Good numerical skills, good with figures
- Proficient in MS Office and IT literate
- Methodical, able to follow a process
- Attention to detail
- Good communications skills
- Health and Safety (awareness)
Principal Accountabilities for the role of Cost Analyst :
- Assist in preparation of proposals for engineering equipment
- Ensure adequate purchase order coverage for work undertaken
- Collate and analyse all refurbishing contract costs
- Produce customer spend forecasts
- Create and submit invoices for customers
- Collate departmental sales / profit information
- Prepare information for customer reviews (presentations / KPI’s etc)
- Miscellaneous departmental duties
Why work for our client in Cost Analysis?
- Ever growing.
- Career Development.
- Established organisation.
- Pension, flexible working etc.
- Competitive salary of £20,000 - £23,000.
The culture of the company is positive and motivated. They deliver great products and develop their people through further training, making this a great place to work.
For more information, or to apply for the position of Cost Analyst within engineering, please contact Ewen on ewen at macarthurrecruitment co uk, ideally with a copy of your CV.
MacArthur Recruitment is a recruitment business and agency focussing on quality of delivery for all parties; your success is our success. Please visit our website at www macarthurrecruitment co uk for more details.