Accounts Assistant / Finance Assistant - £21k
Accounts Assistant / Finance Assistant
£19k to 21k (negotiable) + benefits and sponsorship with training for AAT / ACCA
Based in smart, modern offices in Winnersh, now looking for a Accounts Assistant / Finance Assistant to join a fast paced, long established, successful and expanding business which has been identified as one of London Stock Exchange Group’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain.
This role will suit someone with some experience in an accounts role, and the flexibility to 'roll your sleeves up’ and work with the finance team. In addition to the remit below, there is also the potential for sponsorship for training through AAT or ACCA.
Main Duties - Accounts Assistant / Finance Assistant
Working alongside existing members of the accounts team and reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the Accounts Assistant / Finance Assistant will carry out timely and accurate invoicing, accounts receivable services and proactive credit control. Key responsibilities include:
- Enter all purchase invoices and credits after obtaining authorisation
- Reconcile purchase invoices to statements and follow up missing invoices
- Liaise with suppliers about payment expectations and or any other related queries
- Send all remittances to suppliers after payments
- Post cash book payments and invoice financing data
- Maintain computerised cash book
- Set up, ad-hoc payments and authorise payments
- Maintain credit card portal and analysis expenditure once a month and post journal
- Analyse and enter expenses
- Assist with Accounts Receivable
- Maintain rolling 13-week cash flow forecast
- Fixed asset register
Applicant Requirements - Accounts Assistant / Finance Assistant
- Previous experience in a finance / accounts assistant position
- Experience of working to tight deadlines with limited resources
- Good basic knowledge of accounting procedures
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office, including Excel to intermediate level
Annual starting salary of £19k - 21k (negotiable) with the opportunity of sponsorship through AAT or ACCA.
How To Apply/Find Out More:
Applications in writing by sending a CV and covering letteron email to our exclusively appointed HR & Recruitment Consultant, at the Dane Partnership. No agencies please. Due to the sometimes high volume of applications, it may not always be possible to respond to each one. As such, if you have not heard from us within 4 working days of submitting an application, it must be assumed that you have not been successful on this occasion.