Bank Registered General Nurse RGN or Paramedic
RGN or Paramedics
Yarls Wood IRMC
£16.02 per hour
Day shift: 8am - 8.30pm
Night shift: 8pm - 8.30am
G4S are one of the UK’s leading providers of Healthcare and substance misuse support within secure environments including Prisons, Secure training centres, Immigration Centres and Police Custody Suites. We provide a wide range of treatment options which include Primary Healthcare, Clinical and Psychosocial Substance Misuse Service and Primary and Secondary Mental Health. In addition we have vast experience of providing large scale clinical services on a 24/7 basis by providing forensic medical services to Custody and SARC environments. We are a clinically driven company with an equally strong operations management team. Focus is on delivering quality of service and high patient outcomes through the ulitisation of a skilled, experienced and professional clinical team supported by both robust clinical and corporate governance processes.
G4S Healthcare are currently recruiting a Registered Mental Health Nurse to support the healthcare contract at Yarl’s Wood IRC. This is a fully contained residential centre housing adult women and adult family groups awaiting immigration clearance. We focus on decency and respect in all aspects of care for our residents and use continuous innovation to further improve and develop our service.
To provide care for the physical and mental health needs of detainees in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Provide health and social care to detainees to ensure a professional service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Undertake assessments of detainees to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- To work predominantly within own area of specialism but to operate as part of a team delivering generic primary care services.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate health service.
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of offenders in line with current best practice.
- Coach, support and supervise healthcare staff, as required, to develop their skills in line with professional standards and current best practice as appropriate.
- Promote an understanding of, and develop health and social care services within the detention environment to maximise personal well-being and promote independence.
- Promotion of a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Administer medications in accordance with professional standards and G4S policies and procedures.
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Engage where appropriate in the selection, training and development of healthcare professionals and other related staff, in conjunction with appropriate others.
- Operate in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct and G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Part 1 NMC registration or HCPC Paramedic
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Degree level qualification or above
- Experience of involvement in innovation or change
- Hold a Nurse Prescriber qualification
- Hold a Nurse Practitioner qualification
- Evidence of working within a ‘value for money’ service
- Driving Licence.