Manufacturing Engineer based Wrexham. A fantastic opportunity to progress into a senior management position.
Our client is a bespoke manufacturing company based in Wrexham who are going through considerable growth.
As part of the team you we will be expected to maintain and improve the performance of the production processes whilst continuing to progress our lean manufacturing and no faults forward philosophies.
An experienced engineer is required to be part of an established team of technical experts. This is an ideal opportunity to facilitate change in a lean manufacturing environment. This is a chance to be part of a strong team and have a real influence in strategies for capacity expansion, efficiency improvements and technology advancements. This is an opportunity for a professional engineer with demonstrated technical and practical skills.
- Developing and executing plans to accommodate new products and advancing lean methodology
- Creating, justifying and owning capital expenditure budgets and plans
- Coordination between Operations and the Manufacturing Engineering resources
- Relationship management responsibility with external contractors and suppliers of production equipment and tooling
Application to detail to facilitate best practice in Lean Manufacturing with a No Faults Forward philosophy
This position has responsibilities for building strategic working relationships throughout the organisation. The primary internal customers are the Operations department on existing processes and the engineering departments for new product programmes. There is also a need to maintain good working relationships with Internal Supply Chain and Logistics and facilities management. This role will also establish strong relationships with external contractors and product suppliers.
To achieve success in this role, the ideal candidate needs to have the positive drive and commitment to maintain strong employee engagement and teamwork effectiveness. A key behaviour required for this role will be the focus on individual development and transferring of knowledge. This role requires acute attention to detail to facilitate best practice in lean manufacturing and no faults forward philosophies.
This role demands a self-motivated, proactive individual who is prepared to go the extra mile to achieve the desired results. A keen interest in continuous learning will be essential to keep abreast of leading manufacturing technology advances. To achieve the longer-term departmental goals, this role requires the visionary and influential skills to embed the Manufacturing strategy for the Transmissions and Axle Facility.
Key competencies to be assessed at interview include:
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Initiating Action
- Decision Making
- Work Standards
- Planning & Organising
- Effective Communication
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Strong communication
- Degree/HNC in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Technical experience within an Industrial Manufacturing /Automotive Environment particularly in assembly and test.
- Manufacturing Engineering background
- Experience and working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles - Understanding of TPM and OEE principles with demonstrated improvements
- Sound PC Literacy
- Some prior demonstrated project delivery in a Manufacturing Engineering function
- Engineering degree level qualification or equivalent work experience
£38,000 to £45,000 plus benefits