Senior Systems Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join one of the world's largest marine survey company, that specialise in conducting major integrated offshore projects on a worldwide basis. Your role is to support the System Administrator and ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organisational functions
As the Systems Engineer you will collaborate with network staff to ensure the smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes. You will work closely with executive team members, decision makers and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals and to identify and resolve business systems issues
The ideal candidate will have substantial and proven experience in overseeing the design, development and implementation of software system, applications and related products as well as in systems planning, security principles and general software management best practices
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including Microsoft Server 2003/2008/2012 and MS-Office 2003, 2007, 2010 & 2013
- Working technical knowledge of networking protocols and infrastructure
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including MS-XP Professional and Windows 7 Professional
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange & SQL Servers
- The following would be beneficial, Office 365 Administration, VMware, Linux based operating system
You will be a strong communicator both written and face to face and have the confidence to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language. You will also have excellent project management skills along with the ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
The ability to travel in the UK and abroad and hold a valid driving licence is essential together with the capacity to be flexible where required
We will endeavour to respond to your contact/application within 48 hours, but due to the volume of applications we receive on a daily basis, , if you haven't heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This advert has been posted by a recruitment agency acting on behalf of a client.