ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. We're the world's most forward thinking professional accountancy body. Since we were founded in 1904, we have expanded to more than 1,200 staff in 53 countries, meaning we’re a truly global organisation.
Our people enjoy a working environment that is dynamic, human and connected, and have a strong focus on creating value for our students and members.
We’re looking for a Hearings Manager to join us on a full-time, permanent basis. The position sits with the Adjudication team and is based in our stunning riverside offices in central London.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Service delivery: ensuring the effective and efficient operation of ACCA’s disciplinary and regulatory committees in line with ACCA’s regulation and procedures, and in line with operational standards and KPIs, which includes reporting information for ACCA’s oversight boards and bodies.
- People management: managing a small team of Hearings Officers, facilitating and supporting the team to enable them to meet departmental/organisational objectives
- Communication: ensuring relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders are managed in a positive, respectful and proactive manner
- Management information: ensuring that the best statistical information is available to the Head of Adjudication for the purposes of oversight reporting, forecasting and budget planning
- Procedures and processes: ensuring all operating procedures and process are accurately maintained and kept updated and encouraging and implementing an environment of continuous improvement and operational excellence
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has considerable experience of line managing and leading small high performing teams
- Has experience of working within a KPI and target driven environment and producing and developing MI data to identify and address performance improvements
- Has experience of implementing and overseeing operational standards including scheduling/listing hearings/tribunals for a team/department
- Has experience of building and maintaining effective working relationships with high level external stakeholders, including panel members
- Can demonstrate a clear understanding and keen interest in regulatory work - exposure to working within a hearings and/or regulatory environment would be highly desirable
Working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- Core benefits including private healthcare, income protection and group pension plan
- Customisable benefits such as dental insurance, childcare vouchers and a Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexi-time, dress down Fridays and a great working environment.
Interested in this role? Click 'Apply now’ to submit your application.
Closing Date: 21/03/2018