Business Analyst 1
Job Title - Business Analyst
Location - Milton Keynes
Rates - £351.49 Umbrella/Ltd or £313.64 PAYE
In Scope of IR35
About the role/project:
CCF (Control Centre of the Future) is a critical operational system that displays, in real time, the train locations against a schematic view of the operational railway. Its primary user base is Network Rail control staff but it is also accessed by TOCs (Train Operating Companies)/FOCs (Freight Operating Companies) and end customers (e.g. Power Station operators) to provide business-critical information on the whereabouts of train services.
In addition, CCF provides a replay function that is used to support attribution and performance analysis, and the CCF archive logs can be accessed from the supplier and are used to support several functions do performance and utilisation analysis on the operational network. The objective of the project is to provide an alternative, fully supported service or services that deliver the same capabilities as the current CCF application.
The project has been instructed that when a vendor is selected to provide a new solution then we must to go to OJEU (Official Journal of the European Union) which all the above deliverables are required for.
What you will do:
- Business Requirement Document
- Functional Requirements
- User Stories
- Non-Functional Requirements Document
- Requirements Benefits Traceability Matrix
- Initial Commercial Model (Help to facilitate, this will be run by NR Business)
- AS-IS Landscape (Working alongside a Solution Architect)
Your experience will include:
- Recognised Business Analysis Qualification i.e. ISEB
- Have managed complex stakeholder landscapes in the wider context.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Business Process and data analysis and modelling
- Requirements Gathering including experience creating user stories
- Requirements management and traceability
- Scope Management and definition
- Problem solving and issue resolution
- Solid understanding of multiple software development lifecycles
- Ability to act as consultant to the business and evidence excellent stakeholder management skills
- Able to manage stakeholders at all levels.
- Preparing and running customer workshops.
- Experienced and self-starter.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working on complex projects and programmes.
What you'll get in return
Capita and our client understand what it is like to work as a contractor and we will do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes dedicated on-boarding, extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client
Our client is the largest rail infrastructure business in the country and is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. They are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years they will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Our client welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.