Electrical Project Engineer
Opportunity for an experienced Electrical Project Engineer to join a large manufacturing organisation based near Maidstone, Kent on a 12 month contract.
Part of an international group, the Kent site has recently enjoyed a £100M+ investment programme - this role will help continue to deliver improvement projects across the site.
The post holder will work within the Projects Department, within an electrical engineering capacity to use best available techniques (BAT) and practices to deliver cost effective project solutions with the Projects Department.
Responsible for project evaluation, implementation and commissioning of HV and LV electrical equipment as well as supporting activities associated with production process plant connected with the proposed special projects. These projects will necessitate capital funding from Group resource and be fundamental to the on-going site development, strategic reorganisation and commitment to energy reduction and the use of innovation and best practice concepts.
- Degree Level qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Understand Protection design and implementation on HV Distribution Equipment up to 11kV and issue permit
- Practical Experience in LV Industrial Electrical System
- LV Protection awareness
- Experience of controlling HV Contractors to install HV equipment and cables/joints
- Understand design principles of HV Systems and sense check design outcomes from third parties
- Technical knowledge of operational areas and associated legislation in order to provide domain expertise
- Experience of Motor control circuits and protection requirements
- Experience of HV Industrial Distribution equipment
This is a key project engineering position that would at times be required to support the main plant engineering team in terms of shared communication, performance of plant equipment and the need to provide an on call support on a rotating pattern.
Full Job Description available upon request to Tim Hill. Please feel free to contact me to discuss the role further.