Unit Nurse Manager - Complex Care
Job Title: Unit Manager Nurse
Location: Barnstaple, North Devon
Salary: £33,000 - £44,000 ( £17.50 per hour + additional overtime rate) Flexible Shifts available
Service Type: Complex care
To be considered for the role, you MUST be a registered nurse, with a valid NMC Pin.
- Access to an award-winning career development path, including paid training from the company's own business school, with NVQ to Masters' Degree courses available
- Unique Profit Share Scheme Shares - If the site meets regulatory and commercial targets, everyone benefits.
- Nursing Pin Reimbursed.
- Retail and Leisure Discounts - between 5-10% discounts; including M&S, Sainsbury's, IKEA, Argos, Boots, Harrods and many more
- Paid Breaks
- Annual Bonus'
- Discounted Health Club Membership
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Excellent career progression opportunities to work towards management / senior roles
Passionate, Confident and Caring - Three characteristics within any outstanding nurse, and just what we are looking for at the moment. Working within an complex care unit, you will have career development and progression opportunities while being fully supported in a team of 8 nurses on a daily basis. This Nurse-led environment has an experienced manager in place - they know they ins and outs of the role and facility, and are in a fantastic place to make sure you have the resources you need to take the next stages of your career. The role will require a large degree of hands on, clinical experience, and the site is a fast paced environment, if you are looking for a slow place where you will not learn anything new then you need not apply.
With an honest and open approach, it is fair to say this position will challenge you - in the best possible ways. You will pick up new skills daily and be pushed to be a better nurse. I've been to this facility myself, and I am genuinely confident when I say the manager is passionate about moving your career in the right directly. You will pick up the fluency and knowledge which will stick with you for the rest of your time as a nurse.
With an integrated business school and courses with local authorities, a pension scheme up to 12% and a new "Golden hello" of £2000, the time has never been better to inquire. We are also excited to announce we can now progress with Skype interviews with more focus on ease for you.
If you have any questions about this position, please get in touch on Directly.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary shift team, supervising staff in all respects including training and development of care staff, and organising.
- Comply with the NMC Code of Conduct at all times and ensure processes are adhered to for the safe ordering, custody, storing, disposing and administration of all medication.
- Plan, implement and evaluate nursing care in accordance with the resident's needs and within the 'named nurse' system
- Contribute to the development of new ideas in nursing and social care in respect of stimulation for residents to improve their quality of life
Person Specification: You must be a qualified Registered Nurse to apply for this role, and we will accept applications from nurses of any specialism (General Nurses ( RGN ), Mental Health Nurses ( RMN ), or Learning Disability Nurses ( RNLD )).
For more information or to apply for this position, please send your CV to or call me directly on .