Buyers Admin Assistant
WE’RE GOING PLACES….
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
Exciting opportunity for a creative and enthusiastic individual to join our fashion buying team! Our Buying Teams are responsible for identifying and developing commercial, distinctive and stylish fashion ranges every season for our customer.
Working on a specific product area, you will gain hands on experience with essential knowledge that will help kick start your Buying career! Reporting to the Buyer, you will:
- Provide administrative support to the Buying Team
- Manage the critical path and ensure key dates are met, highlighting any issues to the team
- Process orders
- Maintain the sample library and ensure sample room is organised and tidy at all times
- Produce and maintain accurate ledger cards
- Work closely with the Merchandising Team
- Build strong relationships with Suppliers, Press, E-Commerce etc
- Conduct regular competitive shops to develop your knowledge and report findings back to team
- Prepare range rails for meetings
- Prepare and maintain all paperwork and products for fit meetings
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
For this role, you will have:
- Previous retail experience
- Previous work experience within a Buying Head Office
- Strong commercial awareness, with a creative eye for product and trends
- Personal level of ambition to developing a career within buying
- Good time management skills with the ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be a team player, understanding priorities and work load of other departments
- Excellent communication and networking skills at all levels
- Love the brand as much as we do!
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!