Client On-Boarding Specialist
Job Title: Client On-Boarding Specialist
Location: London, Liverpool Street
Salary: Up to £45,000
- Discretionary Bonus
- 25-day holiday (rising by one day after every three full calendar years, to 30 days)
- Private medical cover
- Group income protection
- Life insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Professional membership fees
About the role
We have a great new vacancy based in the City for a Client On-Boarding Specialist with a specialist Bank. The primary purpose of this role is first line oversight of the Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti Money Laundering (AML) policy implementation and responsibility for the supporting processes, data and MI.
Responsibilities and Experience required for the role of Client On-Boarding Specialist
- Embed the Bank's Compliance policies into standard operating procedures and the business way of working
- Create and own a first line assurance plan for the business, the purpose of which is to ensure the business always operates within the parameters of bank policies and risk appetite framework
- Performance reporting against the 1st line assurance plan, highlighting areas of good performance and areas needing improvement. Create and manage improvement plans for areas not meeting the required standard. Share experience of good performance to raise standards across the Bank.
- Maintain accurate and complete KYC/AML due diligence oversight records on new and existing customers and ensure that relevant databases are updated to reflect completion of review and relevant details.
- Make recommendations and offer solutions to create an enhanced and highly effective operational process
- Key technical point of contact for KYC due diligence requirements for the Commercial Mortgages & Property Finance Department
- Mentoring and training of the business team to give them the skills and tools to meet the standards required by the Bank's Compliance policies and risk appetite framework
- Business line point of contact with Risk & Compliance, ensuring effective communication between 1st and 2nd line
- Participate in KYC related projects as required.
- As the role and business develops, this may expand into a broader range of 1st line assurance activities.
- Strong AML/KYC financial services experience is required, gained in 2nd line or 1st line roles.
- Experience ideally gained within a business undertaking residential property lending to investors or developers or other lending disciplines will be considered.
- A thorough understanding of the relevant regulations (e.g. JMLSG, FCA, FC Guidance, 4th MLD) and specific experience covering on boarding of sole traders, partnerships & limited companies.
- An understanding of corporate structures and the ability to provide guidance on KYC/CDD requirements.
- A good understanding of operational processes and the mechanisms to change and improve these.
- A team player, able to interact at both a management and team level with the ability to demonstrate a positive and engaged approach to change.
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Word and Excel are essential.
For more information regarding the role of Client On-Boarding Specialist contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days