Due to an internal promotion, an opportunity has arisen for a Statutory and Technical Reporting Accountant with an international insurance speciality. This expansive role will be responsible for the preparation of statutory, internal, and external reports for the company's different UK and European branches.
Duties of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of annual statutory and quarterly management accounts for the UK insurance entities;
- Preparation of the international branches financial management accounts and other reporting requirements as required by the holding companies, including supporting the tax teams' reports;
- Assisting with the preparation of the quarterly CFO reports for the international holding companies Audit Committee and Board of Directors meetings, providing analysis of balance statements and income sheets;
- Reviewing US and UK GAAP adjustments prepared by the Finance Operations team as well as provide analysis of IFRS and local GAAP updates that could impact the branches;
- Financial review of new brokers and partners to provide a detailed credit analysis alongside the compliance team; and
- Ad hoc duties when required.
Applicants must be either qualified or nearly qualified in ACCA/CIMA/ACA. This role is only suitable for candidates who have worked within an insurance/reinsurance company or the insurance division of an accounting practice.
The organisation has a great track record of developing their staff and this is an ideal time to join their Finance Team. This opportunity will also provide excellent scope for holistic, professional development