PART TIME OR FULL TIME
Our Client, an established retailer now has an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and talented Payroll Clerk/HR Assistant to join their team in Stockport.
You will be maintaining payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data provided by several retail stores, whilst preparing reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages and supporting the human resources team.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Submits employee data reports by assembling, preparing, and analyzing data.
- Maintains employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data.
- Provides secretarial support by entering, formatting, and printing information; organizing work; answering the telephone; relaying messages; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Basic knowledge of payroll principles
- To have basic knowledge of current UK payroll legislation
- Experience with computer-based systems (i.e., Payroll Systems, Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Solid communication and time management skills
- Good Attention to detail
- Must be a good team worker and have a flexible approach to work
Apply online or for further information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting reference number: NJR7548