Our client is a Shipping and Freight trading company, who form part of a much larger Global Commodity trading business and FTSE 100 member.
We are seeking a candidate to work within the Freight Accounting Group which is responsible for producing Financial Statements and internal Management reporting. The group is also responsible for analysing trading activity, reporting monthly P&L, reconciling reported P&L information to the trading systems, reporting monthly results to head office and providing accurate and timely information to Senior Management. Various projects are also often carried out by the team.
The successful candidate will carry out accounting and related tasks for the UK based freight trading business. Full training will be provided, but you will be a motivated self-starter who is keen to get involved and is able to work without close supervision. The successful candidate will be technically able and highly personable with a strong desire to achieve the highest standards. The role requires close collaboration with both other team members and colleagues in overseas offices to ensure that queries are efficiently resolved, and reporting deadlines are met.
The role is within a highly flexible team, able to adapt quickly to the changing demands of the business and constantly striving to provide more accurate, consistent and timely information to senior management, so flexibility and willingness to undertake new challenges are essential personal characteristics.
Your key responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Intercompany Reconciliations - reconciling and agreeing the intercompany balances
- Intercompany balance sheet transfers
- Intercompany settlements
- Account matching - invoices and cash payments/receipts
- Analysing entries in the trading system, liaising with front office staff to rectify any that are non-compliant
- Provide a monthly commentary on trading system vs SAP intercompany reconciling differences
- Analysing debtors and creditors (to include ageing analysis)
- Investigate trading system vs SAP differences ensuring they are resolved before the following close
- Liaise with Auditors on both management and statutory audits
- Liaison with UK, US and Singapore staff
- Ad-hoc tasks as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or above (2:1 or above), or equivalent.
- Actively studying towards a professional qualification, CIMA or ACCA, or keen to begin their professional qualification
- Strong IT skills a necessity - in particular Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A methodical approach coupled with the ability to evaluate and interpret data from a variety of sources is essential.