Business Reporting Analyst
A leading Technology company based in Reading are seeking a Business Reporting analyst to join their team on a 12 month contract.
This role will primarily focus on prototyping of complex models, tools & reports to support business analytics and research & analysis against core business priorities to support insight back to the business.
- Building Prototype Tools & Reports
- Performing Complex modelling
- Developing against Business Requirements
- Executing testing for Corporate tools
- Structuring & executing testing for local developed tools
- Performing Scripted Data Validations e.g. Seasonality
- Building and maintaining standard BI report catalogue & performance review packs
- Technical Documentation built & maintained
- Challenge existing procedures, suggest improvements and implement changes as needed
- Provide innovative solutions for reporting needs with an emphasis on delivering improved methods of data presentation
- Deliver value past the data - tell the story of the numbers and have an opinion on the analysis
- Understand the key business levers and suggest ways to better review & improve performance
- Working closely with key internal customers and ensuring highest level of data quality
- Performing analysis on existing Corporate analytics tools & reports
- Research and investigation through appropriate external resources
- Providing business recommendation on next steps
- Driving analysis to identify growth opportunity
- Driving learning & insight through ROB & Scorecard analytics
- Support UAT through validation of data and business assumptions & scenarios
- Ability to translate insight into a compelling business story
- Can drive analytical change/programs as appropriate
- Good understanding of business & commercial awareness
- Stakeholder management & influencing at all levels
- Strong verbal & written communications across all levels
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines in pressured environment
- Competent user of business applications
- Self-starter with natural curiosity
- Deep technical competence as appropriate
- Stays current of latest technical capabilities
- Proven ability to produce clear & effective documentation
- Communications skills to non-technical audiences
- Solution oriented - KISS
- Able to interpret business requirements
- Can work independently or as part of a team
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Advanced Excel (Functions, Pivot Tables etc.), Power BI
- Business Modelling using Excel / SQL
- Ability to drive success through the ambiguity resulting from highly variable levels of data quality
- Understanding of CRM systems.
If you feel you fit the above criteria, please apply today.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.