Credit Controller, leading gift brand
Our client is a leading British gift company, who’s established global business is going from strength to strength. They are seeking a Credit Controller for their finance team, with responsibility for credit control at the company.
The successful candidate will have good judgement and be a confident decision maker, always balancing the financial needs of the business whilst maintaining a high level of customer retention. A problem solver by nature, you will be a multi tasker, and an expert in the art of diplomacy.
Are you the person they are looking for?
A typical day as Credit Controller may include:
- Allocation of posting to customer ledgers.
- Posting cash (sterling) received to bank and ledgers via Microsoft Navigation Software.
- Chasing payments and overdue debts.
- Maintain strict control over debtors, including aged debt.
- Ensuring customer defaults are kept to a minimum through strict credit control policies.
- Obtaining credit limits/checks (Credit Safe / HCC)
- Keeping record of contact / remittance from customers
- Ad hoc tasks including debtor analysis and commentary, sending statements, cover team holidays, etc.
As Credit Controller, you will have the following qualities:
- Minimum 4 years credit control experience.
- Experience of looking after customer ledgers, chasing debt, and posting cash.
- Experience with multi-currency customers an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, with a great command of the English language.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, accounting packages, and ability to adapt to EDI systems.
- Deadline driven, with the ability to multi task and prioritise workloads, whilst keeping calm under pressure.
- A second language would be an advantage, but not essential.
- A team player, who is flexible, adaptable, and works well under pressure.
- A sense of humour!
Why you’ll love this job:
- Fantastic team!
- Great offices and working environment.
- Joining an established, thriving business.
What they’ll love about you:
- Super organised, with a pro-active approach.
- You’re a people person, with a friendly, co-do attitude.
- You are fair, analytical, and have a real pride in your work.
If this Credit Controller role sounds like it’s for you, please get in touch and send us your CV today!